Sunday, May 29, 2011

NYC Day 6

A bit more NYC clothes shopping...

Found this top at Brooklyn Industries.
Nice unique details and thought the fabric looked like an abacus. :-)


At Uniqlo I found this dress in their J+ section: a new clothing line designed by Jil Sander. Lots of beautiful minimalist stuff.
The german woman shopping beside me said "It looks very dutch" and I said "In that case I'll take it! " (in black)

Later on met up with lovely Artscape neighbour Jen Tindall + friends at the New York Public library.

We went to the Celebrating 100 Years Exhibit which contained 250 interesting items from the NYPL’s huge collection including: the first Gutenberg Bible, a note from Groucho Marx to Harold Ross, and the set model to the original stage version of Sunday in the Park with George. See above. (My all time fave musical)

Quick trip to Bryant Park.
Free lending library in park = Civilization at it's finest. :-)


Perfect ending to day: a trip to the historic Algonquin Hotel at 59 West 44th Street for a cocktail.

Jen and Rick at the Algoniquin with their 19.oo martinis!

2 comments:

pve design said...

priceless. love to meet next time you come to nyc.
my new studio will be done by September, I hope!
pve

Unknown said...

She is looking so nice in this outfit. I think it is nice fabric. And the lovely Artscape. I am just impress with it.

add picture in picture