Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bike News: Beatrice Stolen (gasp!) + new shop in the hood!


Through tears (just kidding) I announce that my trusty companion Beatrice was stolen from me today in broad daylight. Yes the horror. Below is one of the last pictures I took of her in front of a brand new bike shop Blacksmith Cycle which is just about to open down the street! (1101 Queen St. West). Bike geeks -that's you Steve + Graeme- read all about it here. I've been peeking in as they've been working on the space and can tell it's gonna be beeyooteeful. There is a blackboard wall + an espresso bar. (!!)

But back to Beatrice...
It is a sad day + I feel a loss. Condolences can be left in the comments section.
xx

8 comments:

anamanzana said...

seriously, that is SO wrong! as i am typing this i can see our neighbor's mailbox lying on the ground...from a drive-by bashing. what IS this world coming to?
my deepest sympathies.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Hope it wasn't a long walk back.

I knew of a guy who used to take his wheels with him when he went to class so no one would take his bike.

I saw the picture for this a few weeks back,but can't imagine it would be cheap...

http://www.gizmag.com/pole-climbing-bike-lock/17093/

(the youtube video showing it happening is at the bottom-just fast forward to the last 30 seconds)

Jane Flanagan said...

Booo!!

Anonymous said...

That is awful, I'll report it to the Toronto Cyclist Union( I know a guy)! You can ALWAYS borrow mine.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they really needed a bike?

Anonymous said...

This is Mike from Blacksmith...thanks for the shout-out BUT so so sad to hear!!
How about 25% off ANY bike of your choice? Drop by once we open in a few days!
At the very least I'll make you a nice coffee :)

Alanna Cavanagh said...

Hi Mike!
Thanks for the condolences and very generous offer! I'll definitely drop by for a coffee.
Welcome to the neighbourhood. :-)

Shelley said...

Maybe my post today will cheer you up...illustrations of bicycles! Have fun shopping for a new one...and when in doubt, draw one!

http://shelleysdavies.com/