Friday, October 15, 2010

Thrilled to bits: Special commission for Paul Buckley of Penguin


Paul Buckley in his office in the West Village, NYC

Paul's requested title
Note this is a different penguin from the one on my existing prints. This guy has more of a belly and is dancing...so I will need to make a new screen for the print.

Penguin 75
Edited and Introduction by Paul Buckley

Thrilled to report that I have been commissioned to create a special Penguin Silk screen print for Paul Buckley, executive Art director of Penguin USA. I mentioned Paul back in August as he is also the editor of the great book Penguin 75 which I read this summer. Paul has requested I screen the title The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells. When I deliver the print I will definitely inquire as to the appeal of this title. Added bonus: Delivering the print = excuse to go to New York. Yipee!

ps. Good interview with Paul Buckley here.

4 comments:

ssuda said...

congrats! this is a big deal. you're doing great. and, yes, i am married. it's crazy and amazing. hopefully Albert and I can see you in Toronto next time we're there. or, in NYC when you are here!

Alanna Cavanagh said...

hi sasha
thanks for the congrats and
either option sounds great for a visit!
see you soon.
alanna

JEFF GARCIA said...

Alanna!!!! Congrats, this is so amazing!!!!!

Can't wait to see you in person soon. Long overdue.

Hope everything with the new loft is going swift.
XO

Shane Harrison said...

YES YES YES YES YES!